Failure to Remain at Scene
The Highway Traffic Act requires any one involved in an accident to remain at or immediately return to the scene of the accident. The act also requires all parties to provide the following information:
- Name and address
- Driver’s license number and jurisdiction
- The insurance and policy number registered to the vehicle
- The name and address of the registered owner of the vehicle
- Proof of ownership
If you remain at the scene but refuse to provide this information you may still be charged with failing to remain. This charge is taken very seriously; it carries the highest number of demerit points in addition to other penalties. The penalties are as follows:
- 7 demerit points
- Possible license suspension for up to 2 years
- A fine between 400-2,000 dollars
- Possible imprisonment for up to 6 months
With 26 years of experience our success rate for reducing the amount of demerit points or completely dismissing tickets all together, is unparalleled.
We have multiple locations to serve you better! Just call, we promise to surpass your expectation with sound advice, excellent service and top notch legal representation
Find out what your options are! Call us now for a free consultation!